1) time away is the greatest salve.
2) melancholia is a deep running river.
3) vacation is for snacking.
4) sometimes feeling over whelmed is just what you need to remind you to take a deep breath.
5) I made the coffee WAY too strong.
6) leather couches are sexy.
8) always be open to changing how you define yourself.
9) never argue when you know you can’t win.
10) there are far worse things than being a mother with a potty mouth.
And one to grow on:
Here I sit in the morning quiet. I am the only one awake. My clock still being set to serve people their morning cup. My thoughts tumbling over so many different things. I am grateful for this time and space to sort through what has felt increasingly like too heavy of a load. Loss and losing. Conflict. Anger and sadness at it all. My job this week will be to molt. To shed as best I can the layers of this heavy heart. To take in the ocean air and find a way to season this unrest so I can take one baby step forward. I have lost sight of my path to gratitude when I know I have so much to be grateful for. I have lost my hold on balance. I will use this gift of time to reacquaint myself with my blessings. I breathe. I love. I am loved. Now to find peace.