1)hiking in eleventy million feet about sea level can make you move like an eighty year old one legged woman….until you get used to it.
2) nothing makes one see how much their husband and son are the same person like a week away together.
3) when your 10 year old says he’s gonna throw-up try to get him off of the side walk of the restaurant quickly.
4) when aforementioned 10 year old says he’s finished hiking for the day he may know what he is talking about.
5) make sure aforementioned 10 year old partakes in snacks while on a 6 mile hike…..ooops
6) 12 year old girls on their best behavior are the best thing to a week long family vacation.
7)my chipmunk call FAR surpasses stubby hub hunk’s….like by miles.
8)I am unsure of the etiquette when being complimented for my tattoos by a tattooed person. Should I say you too even if their tattoos are ugly?
9)ALWAYS go to the bathroom before passing the trail head.
10) I enjoyed the challenge in locating spots where I could receive and send email in god’s country. Is that wrong?
And one to grow on
Raise the bar. Keep it within the realm of possibility but raise it higher than the reacher thought they could go. On this trip I have seen my kids confidence soar. Sidewalk puking aside, they have both gone higher, farther, and longer than they thought they could. I hope when they look back on this trip that they remember the things that we accomplished together. I hope that this will remain for them a space in time where we were all wide eyed taking in new things together. I know it will be for meE