1) 3 folks aren’t enough for a pick up game…
2) cleats have no traction on cement,
3) falling onto the sidewalk do to lack-of-traction cleats leads to shoulder, back, and pride pain…..I blame the buddy for telling me so convincingly that I could get the ball.
4) I love when you wake up and thinking its Sunday and only realize at lunchtime that it’s Saturday.
5) this season, more than ever before, I will be rooting for ANY team playing against Man U.
6) I transplanted something this summer that took me the whole season to realize was a weed. A pretty, bushy, non-blooming weed…that I watered…all summer…
7) blind, deaf dogs should NOT be left to explore the outside…alone.
8) you know you’re a class act when you manage to fling your nose ring across the room by catching it on you thumb ring. Call me princess classy pants.
9) never go grocery shopping on a Saturday, when you’re hungry.
10) happiness is a lime popsicle before bed, after a wonderful evening with great people.
And one to grow on
Grace, defined as to do honor or credit to someone by one’s presence. In the midst of what is proving to be a very emotionally charged election year, I choose grace. Despite the fact that I read things that make me angry, that I know are lies, that should be better left unsaid, I will choose grace. In the face of great hurt, I will choose grace. In defense of my children, I will teach them those lessons at home and publicly I will choose grace. I will falter, I will fail, I will then take a good hard look at myself and determine where I went wrong and next time I will choose grace. I will do my very best to float and flit and fly above the mire. It will not be a state of ignorance, it will be a state of grace.