1) Trash day fills me with a ridiculous amount of satisfaction. specifically when i have forgotten to put the cans out the night before and realize that i haven’t yet been skipped the next morning after wheeling them to the street. elation i tell you. like, jumping up and down, i just won the lottery happy. then a bit of shame at the silly things that thrill make me so….just a little….ok that last part was a lie.
2)I know some people love them and i get their sentimentality, but i have to confess, i don’t understand portrait tattoos. they seldom look like the photo but rather a demonic rendition of it. unless that was the aim, in which case, i guess they are cool.
3) I have an irrational irritation to whistlers.
4) inquiring about a job at subway during lunchtime, probably will guarantee you don’t get the job.
5) I am better as two.
6) My kids are awesome.
7) Twizzlers and fairway solitaire are a house wife’s speedball.
8) A good massage can make you feel like a new person.
9) It seems my thumb was dislocated….all summer.
10) A bigwheel is NOT a good getaway vehicle. also known as the strange things this monkey dreams.
and one to grow on
i am learning to forgive myself for not stopping to smell the roses. i think i have learned that though i may not be stopped. that i can not bear to operate at a snail’s pace, i some how manage to take in the joyous things that surround me. though it may be while i am flitting from “a” to “b”, i will always admire a sunset…or a sunrise. it might be as i am rushing them out the door, or to bed, or otherwise away, but i will treasure the feeling of every hug from my children. that i may only stay for 15 minutes to visit my parents, i will think about their words of wisdom for days after. that we may only be enjoying a movie together, when stubby hubs hunk slips his hand in mine, i am home. learning to forgive ourselves for our imperfections brings us closer to god. not in a “oh well, who cares kind of way”, rather in the way that i can only be me. our work is to be the best me we can be. there is value in the bigness of my spirit. try as i may to contain it, my body is too small to hold it in. i do realize that this element of me could make people believe that i am only capable of opening outward. please know, i see you. i take you in. i may not be stopped. i may not even be slowed, but without you, i could not move at all.E