1) ice dancing makes me wish I was deaf and blind.
2) my knuckles are getting knobby like a witches.
3) magic cabin, it’s a kids catalogue, but it sounds more like a pedophile’s hotspot.
4) I don’t understand the marriage of fruit and mint.
5) dogs are perpetual 2 year olds.
6) hand cream should either be odorless or smell fantastic. Who wants to walk around with kaka smelling hands.
7) discovery ID keeps coming up with new program names whose story is exactly the same. And yet I watch. “Wives with knives”? Come on creative team!
8) KFC isn’t the best sponsor for the walking dead….especially after a particularly gory scene.
9) our 8 year old cat Lilly has begun to dwell above the basement level for the first time. Armededon?
10) sometimes I read stuff I have written long ago and I think, huh that’s not bad. Mostly I think maybe it was written by someone else.
and one to grow:
i have high expectations of the people I know and love. It would be almost hypocritical to not have. I expect nothing less of myself. Maybe my New Year’s resolution will be giving myself a break. I know it will be tough after 41 years of the same internal dialogue, but maybe I’ll try. Maybe this attempt, will in turn, allow me to put to rest some of my dissatisfactions in myself and others. Maybe I will then be able to see beauty where I have not been able to before. Maybe my heart won’t be so often broken when i fall short of the mark. Maybe I will better be able to see things from the other side. Maybe I will be more passionate, not to be weighed down with this expectation.
we are not given this time on earth to acquiesce. To aim low. To expect under our potential. We are here to grow. To move onward and upward. Sometimes treading water is the way to that place. Sometimes we need to be outwardly restful to work through a particularly difficult dilemma. But to expect less is to deny this gift of life.
So know that I understand some’s need to walk away from me. There are days I would give anything to do the same. But to lower my expectation of myself or those around me would be to deny my true nature. Know that when you feel you have fallen short in my eyes I applaud your effort. Also know that I fall short of my own expectations regularly. Whether it be on the soccer pitch or the class room. Whether with my children or with my friends. I regularly misstep. But I will NEVER quit.