1) when seeing a group of woman in saris while driving past the park, it may look like a mariachi band in your peripheral vision. Be careful not to double take thus causing an accident.
2) nothing says happy birthday like a blingy sippy cup.
3) negative nancys are my greatest pet peeve.
4) I am nothing without the map function on my phone.
5) DO NOT go to the bank during lunchtime on the 15th of the month….ever.
6) getting a massage at 4:30pm is MUCH better than getting one at 10:30am.
7) even though chickens say “bagock” one can not say “there is a chicken in the neighbor’s yard bagocking”. Well you can but we will make fun of you for it.
8) I love the feeling when you have just finished cleaning the house. When you drop the steam cleaner while walking down the stairs, spilling the funk water all of said stairs and hallway….not so much.
9) always empty funk water bucket from steam cleaner BEFORE walking down the stairs.
10) I hate when my eyes are tired and burny when I still want to read at night.
And one to grow on.
Stubby hubs hunk and I went to england a couple of years ago. i found these two light weight bags to take with us. Mine was red and his was black. They were great because they wouldn’t take up much room in our suitcases. They were water proof. A great thing for england in April. Their being light weight made them great for spending the day walking. This was my thought process. I decided they would make lovely stocking stuffers for us that Christmas. Let’s just say that stubs was less than enthused. I believe his response was, “oh look, a murse.” For those of you not in the know, that would also be known as a man purse. I did my best to defend my purchase. Stubs slung the bag over is head, tucked an arm through the strap and stood there looking at me like he got hit with the dumb stick. It was then that I realized that a bag sits VERY differently on my 5’3″ frame than does on his 6’2″ frame. The zipper for the bag opening was under his armpit so tightly that there was no way he could wear the bag AND extract something from the bag. You win stubs…you win. I used my lovely red version of the bag for a couple of months after we returned to the states. One day the bug expressed an interest in my bag. Nay he expressed his devotion to my bag. He is my boy after all. We are nothing if not passionate. I asked him if he would prefer the black version of the murse. One that his father never used. He preferred my red one. It became his. He loves the thing. Murse or no, he has been carrying the thing since we got back from england. Which is fine with me because the whole unsavory story has left a bad taste in my mouth. Recently the bug came walking up the hill to our house with his friend. “K was admiring my bag. Would it be ok if he took the black one?” It was at that very moment that it was finally confirmed to me. I AM a 12 year old boy. How’s that for a lesson learned?!E