1) everyone should have a friend they have known since they were five.
2) I’m not competitive, she is.
3) little else is as pathetically amusing as a cat after a bath.
4) lightening can strike twice.
5) often, the high road is the path less traveled.
6) when you change the rules mid-game people may choose not to play.
7) kids like bacon wraps better when they don’t know they have chicken livers in them.
8) I am the t-rex
9) febreze does NOT cover the smell of skunk.
10) I LOVE it when people smoke at the entrances of restaurants and grocery stores.
And one to grow on:
I do my best to dwell in consummate gratitude. Call me Pollyanna Silverlining. Life can be hard and sometimes the best way through it all is to stay on the sunny side. While it is nice to spend a month in this place, I would challenge you to spend your life here. You may be surprised by what gratitude can do for you. Most importantly, when you acknowledge the things you are lucky enough to have, your empathy for others grows. When you take time to take in a sunset, the quiet required may be the only moment of mental peace in your day. Some people may call it meditation. Some may call it prayer. I call it the pocket. One I slip into. Some days it’s fleece lined. Some days it pinches too tight for my britches. I always slip out of the pocket more aware than when I slipped in.