1) my favorite meals are those made by the hands of people I love.
2) my signature move on the soccer field when being boxed out against the wall is to grab the offender in the goochy.
3) there were a lot of great girl bands in the 90’s.
4) standing in a metal and concrete box while the skies open up feels a lot like being on the ocean.
5) just when I think I have seen the worst of humanity, I find another neglected dog.
6) the week after Christmas there was a parade of Christmas puppies at the pet store. I found myself wondering how many would end up in rescue.
7) I love to clean.
8) if you are not clever enough to lie well, tell the truth.
9) so this is what it’s like to live in the Dakotas.
10) last year was the year of simplification. This is the year of mending fences.
And one to grow on:
Listening is a skill. An art form maybe even. How can we hear each other if we are preparing our retort while we are meant to be listening. Sometimes to truly hear what someone means, you must read between the lines of what they have said. Sometimes in order to be heard you must speak from your heart even if it means making you vulnerable. Even if it challenges your pride. There are friendships that are worth the risk.