1) We decided figure skating would be better if they were given a word that they had to spell with their body during their routine.
2) Most of us enjoyed singing ACDC’s Big Balls while eating meatballs for dinner. My favorite was the Bug chiming in with “the ones for pleasure are the ones I like the best.”
3) Ass, grass, or gas, nobody rides for free.
4) A bit put off by being reprimanded by a spectator for how I choose to manage over 30 women’s soccer team.
5) Love is being told there is a box of wine waiting for your arrival.
6) Nothing like thinking that long black hair on your neck is a dog hair…until you realize it’s ATTACHED.
7) Don’t complain about first world problems, it makes you look like a chump.
8) Fast forward 5 hours and my jerk belly has made those meatballs decidedly less funny…also known as “was that a fog horn?”
9) Bio freeze is a divine invention.
10) So proud of my bug’s performance in his first fencing tournament.
And one to grow on:
It is a small step between honesty and cruelty. Between empathy and depression. Between organized and OCD. I wish for us all to get out of our own way. To learn how to stay on the safe side of ourselves. To find balance in the things that make up the best parts of who we are. I implore you to find the ways in which your goodness could be improved. It is not enough to be self reflective, you must be willing to do the hard work it takes to maintain balance. It is a hard job so worth doing.