1) Cabbage is a diuretic. I peed every hour all night long after stuffed cabbage dinner. I’m not sure how that’s even possible.
2) A watched pot never boils, but it sure does seem to wait for you to sit down
3) Clowns are dumb….they’re just dumb
4) A house full of clowns plus gin equals my friends are jerks
5) nothing says this party is over like the host coming downstairs in her pajamas.
6) my husband is a rock star.
7) it’s the end of daylight savings time and it’s still dark when I roll into work.
8) Debbie downers make me punchy.
9) nothing warms the back of the neck like a 25 pound cat.
10) if you see a tiny wondering Boston terrier in the neighborhood. Please return her. The old blind girl has gone a bit senile. Coupled with the GD leaf blowers she gets disoriented.
One to grow on:
Depression doesn’t look the same for all people. It’s not always pajamas all day, shades drawn, can’t get our of bed. We think because we have seen a commercial or an after school special or researched on the Internet that we can fix people. That we are close to a degree in fixing. That because the world seems smaller we have a right to people’s “inside spaces”.
Sometimes depression is quiet. Sometimes it’s angst. You may be working beside a person wrestling with depression and they are just trying to keep their nose down and muscle through it. Some people can’t or choose not to talk about it. We live in a world of sharing…..over sharing. Sometimes a person is having a hard time keeping their demons from showing and the last thing they need is a town crier. Chances are when they come out the other side, there will be acknowledgement, apology if necessary. As an observer, temper your urge to remove the band aid for them. A person’s psyche is their own work.