1) waiting is the hardest part.
2) if this is my last list it’s because JT asked me to run away with him and that’s a full time job.
3) it was the basement tapes that opened my eyes to Dylan. Still can’t get past his voice but his lyrics are something else.
4) humor makes life tolerable.
5) heating cornered at a party feels the same as being proselytized to at your door.
6) nothing hurts more than when the spell has been broken.
7) karma is a well placed wrinkle in the indoor soccer pitch.
8) Monday needs a make-over.
9) some nights my dreams are comprised of all of the weird things I have seen on the internet.
10) the purr of a cat is thought to be their method of self healing, in addition to their sound of contentment.
And one to grow on:
“Time heals all wounds.” I think it’s true, but it doesn’t always provide forgiveness. Sometimes the clarity of the passage of time reveals an understanding. That maybe the relationship wasn’t one that you needed. That you have been provided a gift. The work needed to remain engaged in a relationship can be put to better use elsewhere. It is strange to think how with time, you may come to barely think of them at all. That when you do, it will no longer be with a tugging feeling in the pit of your stomach or a tightening in your chest. That perhaps you will only remember the good times if anything at all. It happens when you aren’t looking. Like a head cold you realize has gone away without your notice.