How did I get here, to middle age? It feels like I got on the train in college and my trip left me here. With a child that could drive if she were so inclined, a son that shaves, and a retirement account. How can that be when I remember learning to drive, shave, and the feel of my first bank card in my hand. It’s like my life is a Bowie song. Written once then cut up and rearranged so that it’s familiar but doesn’t feel real. It certainly doesn’t feel like it belongs to me most days. I don’t mind aging as much as I find it unsettling that my music idols are old farts.E
Browse: Home / What I learned Monday #211
By e on March 2, 2015
1) Glazed krispykream are the only donut
2) Longer arms make better selfies
3) Chocolate covered fruit is perfection….not bananas though bananas are gross
4) Last night’s urine is NOT a good name for a band
5) Saying, “You got cock blocked by grandma”, is crossing the line. Good to know
6) Bean burrito is a jerky thing to do to your fellow air travelers. I’m not sorry
7) nothing like a can of fabreeze to help you through a 6 hour car ride with a teenage boy.
8) I have finally gotten both of my kids to be mad at me at the same time. For my next trick I will have them get mad at me about the same thing at the same time. Also known as the zen and the art of parenting teenagers.
9) this year stubby hubs hunk auditted the kitchen by putting important things on shelves that I can’t reach. No apology was forthcoming because I can use a stool to get stuff. Hope I break a hip.
10) first day back to the gym, hurt so good.
And one to grow on: