1) game of thrones is not a good show, but I’m watching it anyway.
2) the great yard poop clean up of 2015 is complete, despite snow on the first day of spring.
3) spring snow is stupid and drives me to lay up in bed, crave fast food, and drink wine.
4) they should make pills to cure bitchy.
5) Monday needs a make-over. I will start my calling her Vanessa.
6) sometimes it takes 3 tries to completely cook a meal. Diligence my friends.
7) after 12 years, my basement dwelling cat has started hanging out on the other two floors. I wonder what kind of omen that is.
8) it’s great fun having your kids discover your record collection. Yesterday’s DJ went from the ramones to Xanadu to Bad Brains. I wonder what she would call her college radio station?
9) I am (impatiently) waiting for it to be warm enough to ride my bike to work.
10) when in doubt, add hot sauce. This works for all non-food quandaries as well.
and one to grow on:
i love the pomp of church. I love the old language of religion. I am almost always moved to tears by gospel music. I have a clearly defined belief system that does not involve belief that Jesus is the son of God. Other than to be a guide for living well with others, the man doesn’t figure into my religion much at all. I don’t believe that we can be saved. We must save ourselves by asking hard questions and doing the work to answer them. Or that we need to be to get to heaven. I’m not even sure I believe in such a place if it means I also must believe in hell. This means that I have always struggled with celebrating Christian holidays with Christians. It feels disingenuous. This Sunday I will be participating in a Palm Sunday service. Jesus’s entry into Jerusalem is mentioned in all four canonical gospels. It seems like a great time for me to get comfortable with what I believe as it relates to the beliefs of others. Stay tuned.E