in honor of our 18 year anniversary this week’s list is dedicated to my fella.
1) he waves every time we pass an Amish horse and carriage. Even if we are in Quarryville…on a Sunday.
2) he ALWAYS has a plan.
3) some nights he sounds like he is sleeping on a ventilator. Unless he is fighting zombies, then he sounds like a baby ninja.
4) he brings me coffee in bed every morning that he gets up before me.
5) he never looks at me like I’m a rubic’s cube with missing pieces.
6) he insists on using the lamp base as a coaster for his coffee. No matter how many times I ask him not to.
7) he giggles at t.v.
8) he loves animals almost as much as I do and will humor me by watching animal videos with me.
9) he has a risk taking type of honesty.
10) he is sentimental.
and one to grow on:
if you are lucky, you will find a person like my fella. If you are smart, you’ll keep them. Everyone should know what it is to be adored. To be told that your person looks forward to coming home to you. Someone who shimmers when they look at you. Gets your funny. Gives you space. Envelopes you when you puddle to the floor. Isn’t afraid to disagree. Challenges you in all the best ways, even if it’s infuriating. I hope you all find a person to build a history with. One that raises you up. Gets your motor running. Let’s you sleep in. Knows what you meant. Makes you feel whole. May you know what it is to be the luckiest.