1) I don’t like the word “poo”.
2) the goose plays just as aggressively at a “fun” pick up soccer game as I do.
3) soccer is the universal language.
4) they don’t have free refills in France.
5) all weekends should be at least 3 days long.
6) my family is just as entertaining to those with a limited grasp of the language.
7) if you spend enough time with people who speak with accents, you just might develope one yourself.
8) my mother is a hugger.
9) I thought I might wait for the goodbye.
10) I LOVE a clean house.
And one to grow on:
as we walked up the hill I flashed back to when I was 14. We were 2 girls and six boys. We were a sweaty pack, jovially finding our way home after a good hard game. Imagine us all sketched as Pig Pen from the Peanuts. The din of our conviviality bounced off tree tops. The goodness of having run and shouted and worked together toward a common goal, bound us. It was a truly great day. One I will remember as long as I draw breath. That time I was a kid again. After all had had their fill of water they went to the basement to hang out. A few hours later I went down to gather them To run them to their homes. We ALL climbed the stairs with the grunts and moans of aching knees. I was one of them.E