- So thankful they got rid of the sponge like sofa in the foyer of the gym
- Racism can be so very subtle
- Getting pics of a great foster dog from their forever home makes it worth it.
- Love when the cats come out after a foster leaves unsure who is still here
- I didn’t think with two teenagers in the house we would still have pets with bald patches. The child in question wanted to know what cutting kitty’s hair sounded like. Good is the answer
- Putting the screened in porch up for the winter is almost as gratifying as opening it for the spring…almost
7. old lady evidence: you get out all your pills and vitamins but forget to take them.
8. of course I have the kid who grows INTO needing braces.
9. Crimson Peak has me seeing all sorts of spookiness in my peripheral vision.
10. I hate dark Mondays
and one to grow on:
“Blessed are the Merciful, for they shall receive mercy.” So it seems that this includes our more difficult relationships and not just feeding a stranger. That by mercy he may also have been talking about forgiveness. Of those that have hurt you and of yourself for hurting others. Forgiveness: maybe the most difficult of the human condition. We often hear, “I forgive but I will never forget.” I contend that in order to forgive you must, to a certain extent, forget. When it comes to hurts with the people we love, how can you forgive them if you are reminded of their transgressions every time you see them? There must be some suspension of hurt. If you choose to keep the person in your life you must tuck that hurt in the corner of your mind. It will never truly go away. It will serve to protect you with that person. If you are able to dull the ache of the hurt, it may even enrich the relationship. Often this takes work on the part of both people. The most difficult mercy, is that which navigates a hurt with a loved one that you know will hurt again. One not allowed to heal because of the repetition of behavior in a relationship you can not run from. This is where grace marries mercy. It may take a lifetime, but this is the work we are here to do.