1) Moose is going to be just fine.
2) global warming makes for a much tidier yard.
3) it’s hard to think about needing firewood when it’s 70 degrees.
4) I love the sound of a cat drinking from a metal bowl.
5) these vitamins better work, I’m going to remember stuff and live forever.
6) never give up on the people you love.
7) hospice is a place of angels.
8) thank goodness for Kieran Gibbs.
9) not everyone can pull off no shave November…but I’m going to try.
10) I’m suffering terribly from chocolate withdrawal.
And one to grow on:
The recipe of a being a great friend or partner is simple. Remember the three “R”s Rave, Reach, be Real.
Rave: My great grandmother believed that the best thing you can do it to rave. To gush over the people you love. Tell them the things you are thinking. They look great in that color. Is that necklace new? It’s pretty. This soup is amazing. We all love to hear these things.
Reach: choose to meet the people you love where they are. We can not make someone be do something they are not ready or incapable of, but we can control our response to them. Sometimes the best way to be seen is to make sure they know you see them first. Let them know you want to walk along side, not drag them to the destination.
be Real: there can be no foundation built without authenticity. There is no long term life in a relationship where you can not be yourself. The resentment that grows in this place will kill any chance of happiness. The trick is to marry Reach and be Real. If you love others as you love yourself life has calm. This may mean that you must first learn to love yourself, truly madly and deeply. This work is not easy, but it is very rewarding and the people around you will notice.E