1) it occurred to me that the tickling on my nose I have newly been experiencing when trying to fall asleep is the droopy skin of my cheek attempting to rest there.
2) Someone smarter than myself once said that if we don’t recall history we are doomed to repeat it. Until the silent majority become a squeaky wheel what’s to stop us from looking like nazi Germany?
3) clingus maximus: when your teenage son lets you hug him and then has to peel you off because he was finished before you are.
4) how does one continue to breathe after watching the love of their life lowered into the cemetery ground?
5) nothing says daddy/daughter like going to a punk show.
6) Sunday soccer in bed with my best fella and my furry babes, closer to heaven.
7) my work is to be a better listener.
8) when stubby hubs hunk journals I like to say “dear diary” in a way that evokes a pink furry diary with “princess” scrolled across the front being written with a troll pencil.
9) if you need me, I’ll be giggling maniacally under the soft dryer warmed blanket.
10) to the grown ass man at the band banquet beside me, we have all been here for 4 hours and some of us weren’t on our phones the whole time. Show some respect.
And one to grow on:
We, all of us, are meant to do our part to lift this world up. So to those of you who have said, very publicly, that you will support no refugee until all American veterans have been well cared for first, I hope you are doing your part to make that true. You are not freed of your responsibility by this declaration. I agree with you that this country does not care for its vets well. We laud the soldier, and cut the social programs that will help him ease back into life without war. The truth is that caring for people costs. Time. Money. A piece of us. I admire a person with convictions but see through lip service. You having cut and pasted some clever grouping of words on social media does not absolve you of responsibility. A litany of responses echoing your point doesn’t mean your work is done. The God you profess to love sees all and knows when your words are empty. So don’t let them be.E