1)it is possible for one to sing for an entire 7 hour car ride.
2) gas is most expensive in connecticut.
3) i am soley responsible for the death of my father’s phone battery. so sayeth the queen.
4) connecticut is also the home of the $25 lobster roll (sold exclusively to pennsylvanians)
5) i only have my mother to blame for never wanting to shut a party down. “but it feels like quitting!”, she exclaimed as one by one people wandered to there rooms. i was tired mom, i had been singing all day.
6) lobster allergy is not relegated to ingestion. my fingers are still itchy…..course that could be psychosomatic.
7) i am an animal lover. wow, zeb, and cali, are fine specimens. so trusting and well loved. there is something so amazing about looking into a creatures eyes and seeing that calm looking back at you. i am not the horse wisperer, but i do understand their language.
8) there is no place like home.
9) there is no greater friend than a sister.
10) driving i a torrent for 8 hours can only be improved by singing to slow jams.
and one to grow on
this weekend we celebrated my great aunt beth’s 80th birthday. (see: a rose by any other name…..) as i sat at my round table which was mostly covered by the tent, on what is my version of heaven (a horse farm set on many acres where my gorgeous second cousin lives with her fabulous husband in a gloriously old farm house.) i took an inventory of the people. i know that people aren’t always sure how to take me. i may be too direct and honest. i say too much and don’t think enough. i get it, that can be scary for some. but the truth is, i am a product of these people under this tent. we reuse the same four of five names in my family because we feel a deep connection to the people who have come before us. i could no more be a shrinking violet that i could be tall. i have never lamented my personality, but i have felt the need to apologize for it when i have made people uncomfortable. while i never would want to hurt anyone, i now realize that while i am sorry if a direct line of communication make people uncomfortable, i will not feel badly for being comfortable in my own skin. to shy from this would be to deny from whence i came. i refuse. i am history repeating. i am solid and righteous. stand with me and i will lift you up. if fear precludes you from getting too close you will be the one lost. i am the greatness from those who have walked before me and for this i will not apologize. i am so very lucky to have been given this lineage. with this gift comes a responsibility. one that i take to heart. one that i cherish. my family is my home.E