1) i giggle whenever i hear/see the number 69.
2) if you have lunch at subway, you will have napkins for the rest of the week.
3) for some reason, without fail, i take off my glasses and then try to find something while i’m in my bathroom.
4) if mouth wash burns it means it’s working.
5) NEVER tug on the back of stubby hubs hunk’s t-shirt….while he’s running on the treadmill. unless you want to watch an awkward dismount and get a major dose of stink eye.
6) i survived the goose’s first school dance. full disclosure tomorrow, stay tuned.
7) you can learn a lot about a person by the way that they puke.
8) never underestimate the speed with which an 11 year old deaf dog can run…away.
9) luckily, said dog will be found circling car at the bottom of the street looking for a way to get in for a ride.
10) and to that end, a shameless personal request. i will say it was the goose’s idea. please sponsor us as we walk in the tailwaggers trot. proceeds go to the humane league. we are the boston brigade. to sponsor us, please click on the following link.
and one to grow on:
the goose and i have spent some time lately talking about authenticity. i stressed how important it is to me that she be the same person no matter the setting. that is to say that she be her best self. i will say that i know i fall short of the mark from time to time, but it is my aim to be the same person when no one is watching as i am when all eyes are on me. to that same end, i find that i often distrust people who love to share other people’s news. be it gossip, or just a story that isn’t theirs to tell. i know that if they are talking to me about the other people that they know, they are probably telling others my news as well. that could be their authentic self, which is their right to be. but, when they change others perspective on the person i am because of the story they tell, they hinder my ability to be my authentic self out in the world. i am learning, often way too late, that those are not the friends worth keeping.E