1) the most precious minutes in the day are the 15 before the alarm goes off….unless you have to pee.
2)i should have known when i woke the goose up that it was going to be one of those days. her head was at the foot of her bed.
3) i love (not really) the sound of a crying teen in the morning.
4) i love (not really) the sound of a stomping teen in the morning.
5) i love (YES really) the sound of the door slamming by an angry teen in the morning.
6) this feeling is short lived. followed immediately by the knowledge that i will not be winning a mother of the year award today…….again.
7) there is no delicate way to explain PMS to a 10 year old boy.
8) people love a good story about a dog.
9) i smell halloween in the air!
10) i can see 40 from here…
and one to grow on:
well maybe not grow, but how about ponder. i was complaining to a friend recently about the remake of footloose. not that it was a stellar movie the first time, but it was entertaining. my complaint was that it seems they are remaking movies much sooner to the opening of the original than they used to. my friend asked me what i meant. i explained that they used to allow at least 20 years before they remade a film, thus allowing the audience to become nostalgic. he responded with, “when do you think footloose came out?” “when i was 13. i remember seeing it with my cousin when we were visiting my aunt and uncle in philly” i replied not really getting his point. “OH, right” suddenly doing the math, it had been 27 years. 27 years? it’s not the passing of the years that is hard, for me, about getting older. it’s the slap in the face i get when i look back and realize, i not only did something 27 years ago, but it’s a vivid memory…..that and my feet hurt…..and my kid freaks out because she can’t find her jeans. which is some how my fault. and she knocks over two dinning room chairs with her backpack on the way out the door…..again. my fault as well, because i put them there.
i’m coming monday, don’t wait for me, i’ll catch up…..on tuesday.