1) sometimes you pass on to your kids things you haven’t yet figured out how to fix in yourself.
2) harvest parties are stupid.
3) you should read still alice by lisa genova.
4) bad news comes in threes…i’m holding my breath.
5) i know people have raved about the movie bridesmaids. i kept waiting for it to be funny.
6) my cat pulls the fur from his tail….i don’t know why.
7) i respect that everyone needs a job, i just don’t think that ambulance chasing is a proper use of a law degree.
8) i am conflicted by the occupy movement. while i agree that things need to change, i don’t know if standing up to corporations, missing work, and threatening other people’s jobs is the way to do it. i guess time will tell.
9) i am consummately confused by people who really don’t want to learn another point of view.
10) kids can no longer carry a backpack from class to class.
and on to grow on:
i see the same fierce independence in the goose that i know i myself maintain. i think this is a trait that we are born with. i know that i have the tendency to believe that i am in control and don’t need any outside help. while that may be true, i have also learned that sometimes other people have a better way of doing things. that the only way to learn this is to be open. it’s a lesson she is struggling with. i struggle with when to intervene. when is it time to advocate for my kid. my greatest lessons have been the ones i have learned on my own, but i don’t want that virtue to be impeded by a insurmountable stumbling block. how far do we let our kids fall before we step in? i’m sure it’s a question that parents have been asking themselves since the beginning of time.E