1) I get my photography skills from my mother.
2) You know you’re middle aged when you derive serious pleasure from sitting on a heating pad.
3) free glasses are ugly.
4) be prepared for ugly free glasses to garner a reaction from your partner. This may or may not be laughter.
5) I sit in the spot at the kitchen table where the sun will shine in my face every morning….and not necessarily on purpose.
6) I will shake this chest cold…maybe next week.
7) there are two sides to every coin.
8) Madame Tussaud lived in a tumultuous time. I did not realize that her salon was used to inform the public of current events.
9) wax figures still freak me out.
10) it’s another week. Let’s rock this bitch.
And one to grow on:
Friendship is about compromise. Since there is very low probability that we would befriend someone just like us, we make concessions. Maybe our friend is too crass. Or too bossy. Or too sensitive. We decide that we like them enough to overlook the parts of them that we find imperfect. I would even go further. Sometimes those undesirable characteristics are the flip side of the very trait that has drawn us to them in the first place. Friends come in and out of our lives for many different reasons. The life long friends are those that we have weathered things with. Those that love us, the good the bad and the ugly. These friendships are deeper for it. those incapable of bending, break and fall away. I would rather stand tall among a handful of people who embrace me warts and all, than be surrounded by folks who wish I was someone else.