1) i CAN NOT party like a rock star
2) winter break is never long enough
3) the wounds from late night basement soccer last longer than the hangover
4) you CAN use foot cream for your hand too
5) can’t explain why, but foursquare annoys the ever loving crap out of me. checking in is one thing. telling me that you have changed tables at starbucks is ridiculous.
6) when my leg hair gets long enough it starts to curl…who knew
7) i actually woke up (at 7 am) to the alarm this morning thinking what the hell is that racket and why is it happening in the middle of the night.
8) it’s good the holidays only happen once a year
9) i might need a cabana boy to get my recycling bin to the street this week.
10) market, on the friday before new years eve, is a lot like the USSR
and one to grow on
time does NOT heal all wounds. it just places them further beneath the surface. there are things i can say i don’t care about anymore. while that may not be entirely true, i can look at them and not want to put my head in the sand. i can think about them and not want to bite the inside of my cheek to stave the pain. we are the sum of these wounds. we are who we are because we have lived through them.
(as an aside…this isn’t me preaching. while i can, absolutely, see why people may think it is, these are revelations. the one to grow on isn’t for anyone but me. it’s a pep talk…to myself. if you find them enlightening, great. if you find them judgmental, don’t read them…..no harm no foul.)E