1) playing a new soccer team can be more dangerous that an aggressive one.
2) i’m getting tired of being picked out as the ruffian.
3) tough love works.
4) being the heavy won’t kill you. it may make you fall out of favor, but 12 year old girls don’t stay mad for very long.
5) grumpy 12 year olds can rally for a pedicure.
6) i often feel guilty when i put my children before work responsibilities.
7) when asked by my 12 year old to regale my first kiss, i get all sheepish and hem and haw.
8) i remember my first kiss and it was under a neighbor kid’s bed while hiding for a rousing game of hide and seek. i was 7.
9) i can scare dushie by simply suggesting we go to a “weird” resturant on our next trip to nyc….giggle
10) i love having something to look forward to.
and one to grow on
cooking with you kids is a great opportunity to spend real time with them. you are teaching them to take a risk. the importance of adhering to directions. and the thrill of creating something that can be shared. for our kids birthdays we have always allowed them to choose their menu. now that they are getting older, they are instrumental in creating the menu and the meal.E