1)i do not recommend reading 3 thrilling murder mysteries back to back and then being home alone.
2)see number one, for the fact that i considered answering the door at 11pm with a bat in my hand. luckily common sense took over because it was my fab neighbor returning a homesick Bug.
3) prompted by watching a documentary on fetishes: stubby hubs hunk thinks i would make a great dominatrix because i like to pinch….he may be right.
4) evidently no matter how ugly a 12 year old girl acts, calling her a jerkface is hurtful. i tried to explain that if she is going to be mean anyway i may as well give her a reason…..may not have been my proudest parenting moment, but it did make me giggle.
5) H20 is a perfectly lovely nickname…..not for me
6) today will be a mamma day. stubby hubs hunk told me i should get some pants on first.
7) i can almost walk after 5 hours of soccer.
8) i got two goals in last nights game…unfortunately they were own goals. i just know scouts’ll be coming out of the woodwork looking for some hot talent like me…..*sigh*
9) i may be as excited about getting new running shoes as i was about getting new bras. adizeros baby! i wonder if they will make my feet look like they did when i was 20?
10) you know a man loves you when he tells you how wonderful you are when you know you have really bad morning breath and he has gotten up with the kids. always comment on your husbands wonderfulness when you are not wearing pants. it’s the secret to a long happy marriage. so sayeth the lord!
and one to grow on:
sometimes fair weather friends don’t stick around even when the sun is out. i am grateful to my parents that they taught us the value of a person’s word. when one says they are going to do something, it is their moral right to do it. this is how we are choosing to raise our children. sure, things come up. people get sick. greater responsibilities arise. plans should never be changed because something better came along. on one hand it tells the person left behind that they aren’t that important to you, and on the other it tells people that you can not be relied upon. in our interpersonal relationships we are nothing to each other if we can not be trusted to follow through. an unprincipled person may find themselves alone in a crisis. or may choose to surround themselves with dispensable people of principal. i’d rather be thrown away…E