1)stubby hubs hunk thinks there is a mile long club,(the train version of the mile high club) and asked if i wanted to join….
2)i can alway predict which douche bag isn’t going to close the bathroom door on the train after they use it…9 times out of ten, he will be wearing a phone ear piece.
3) outside the met is this obelisk. it turns out that the area around this monument belongs to a man. further, i woke him up and he was yelling at me to quiet down f-ing b*$@h. the only thing that was truly strange was the thickness of his eastern european accent.
4) even if the next drink is on the house, it may be time to walk away. another lesson learned too late.
5) the met specializes in guards that can do their job with their eyes closed…and wavering on their feet with sleep. they must be part ninja.
6) we are getting old. this is our 6th year going to the city for our anniversary and the first where by the second day we were complaining about our aching feet and backs.
7) my children are always much better behaved while being in the care of others.
8) i will never get tired of sitting beside of group of germans on the train and letting them know that i have understood every word they said by saying tschüß (bye bye) as they leave.
9) street falafel should never be your best meal in the city.
10) i may sue beano for any brain damage i have suffered due to it’s ineffectiveness against stubby hubs hunk and falafel.
and one to grow on.
having been loved warts and all, i have learned the power of that gift. anyone can stand with us when we are showered and dressed in our finest. it is the testament of true family and friendship to find yourselves with people around on our darkest days. it takes a willingness to put yourself out there, to be there for those you care about. i would ask you to take that risk. the return is immeasurable and so very worth it.E