1) I’m learning to live with the jungle that has become my garden.
2) making assumptions just might be my downfall.
3) most unpleasant things can be dealt with if done with a smile.
4) the gunners may never again rise to the top.
5) sometimes a stretching of the truth is kinder than a lie.
6) humidity and rats cages= super funk.
7) knee hair hides while in the shower but proudly flaps in the wind in the sun.
8) the same can be said for ankle hair.
9) anybody want to buy the mulch in my driveway? I’ll throw in the vegetation growing in it for free.
10) I can tell that the school year is coming to an end because I’m feeling less creative while packing lunches and can no longer fight then urge to get back in bed for a bit after I get the morning sorted.
And one to grow on:
I try very hard to focus on the gifts that pepper the landscape of my life. Sure there are bumps, but that’s how I know how lucky I am. I have a partner in life not a weight holding me to one spot. I look into the faces of my children and see that they aren’t just my gift, but a gift to the world. I have extended family and friends who appreciate me for the imperfect creature that I am. The truth of the matter is that our travails don’t make as interesting of a story as some may think. It’s our rising above them that holds us in some esteem. I don’t expect to be surrounded by pollyannas. I like color in my life too. Yet, the true test of character is to hear a person’s story after getting to know them. Not in feeling it cloud the room in every heavy sigh they heave.E