1) day light savings time can’t get here soon enough.
2)boys get PMS too.
3) i’m tired of getting yelled at about laundry.
4) i might be a little obsessed by bon iver….just a tad.
5) i’m not scare of the big 4 0….much.
6) the goose said having such a full schedule made her feel important. it just makes me feel tired.
7) i would have a expected a bigger reaction at meeting the UPS guy in a half head of curlers.
8) i am a rule follower.
9) i love the soul train….stubby hubs hunk is all about dance fever. WEST SIDE!
10)i keep dreaming about leaving doors open. not sure if that makes me a hopeful dreamer or a forgetful one.
one to grow on
when i was 13 i wanted to be 8 again. even if i wasn’t sure how to articulate it, i wanted a simpler life. i was vexed by the expectations of the world. i felt unprepared for them. it’s only been in the last decade, (gulp) that i have truly began to understand that there is no simpler time. when i was 8, my 8 year old problems were as real and pertinent to me as my problems have been every step of my almost 40 years (gulp). when this occurred to me i gained a deeper sympathy for my younger self and for others. all pontification aside, i’m not sure i’m ready for this next step. i’ve enjoyed this middle place. the place where my children have taken a step away from me but are still in my view. where my parents still offer help and advice but are also enjoying their lives. i want to rest here for another minute or two. i want to make just a handful more memories from the place in which i stand right now. but time waits for no woman…..E